Wool felt Valentine Fortune Cookies-

 
 
HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY
 
 
 
These wool felt fortune cookies are such a simple project to do with your kids.
 
What I find especially wonderful about these little cuties,
 (the cookies not my kids-though they are a bunch of cuties too),
is that they can be created for any special occasion!
 
Left 2 the imagination- Anything is possible!
 
Here let me show you-
 
I am a wool felt artist, so I went with what I have in my studio
grabbing red, raspberry and white wool felt for
these valentine fortune cookies.
 
 
 
 
I  decided on a 5" circle template(I traced a DVD).
This will make approximately a 3" cookie.
 
I traced and cut out the number of circles I would need.
 
You will also need for this project,
pipe cleaners
glue stick 
 fortunes of your choice. 
 
 
 
 
After the circles are cut and the fortunes
are printed and cut to size,
you'll want to take your pipe cleaners and trim
them to approximately 4 1/2" long.
 
Take a pipe cleaner and glue it
to the middle of the circle.
 
The pipe cleaner is what holds
the fortune cookies shape.
 
 
 
 
Good so far? Pretty simple and straightforward!
 
Take a paper fortune and lay it down
on the top half of your circle.
 
 Fold the circle in half
 over the pipe cleaner that you glued
to the middle of the circle.
 
 
 
 
With two hands, and your thumbs in the center of the circle,
 bend the ends of the circle down.
 
Bring the ends of the circle towards each other
while pinching the center.
 
 
 
 
You will be amazed how easily the shape
of the fortune cookie is made and how
well the pipe cleaner holds the shape!
 
(Feel free to give your self a round of applause, I did!)
 
 
 
 
 
That's absolutely all there is to this project!
 
Make as many as you need!
 
 
 
 
I will say that it can become addictive to make these cuties.
 
 
 
 
I don't think it's possible to have too many!
 
 
 
 
I would love for you to let me know
if you try this at home!
 
See you again soon!
 
 
-Pam

No comments :

Post a Comment