VALENTINE DAY GIFT IDEAS

 
 
Over the last couple of days, between snow storms
in Middleboro, Ma., I got an itch to be creative and
make something fun and fresh for valentine's day.
 
On the left is a pincushion or make-do, it's up to you.
While on the right I created a wool penny rug style cone
filled with handcrafted mini pinwheels.
 
 
 
The pincushion was inspired by a vintage valentine. 
Nothing speaks to my creative spirit more than
a little valentine diddy that is all about sewing!
 
 
 
Can you guess what I used to create
the arrow going straight through the heart?
 
 
The arrow is made from metal screening
and silver pipe cleaners!
I know!!!!
 
 
Here you see the tiny embellishments I added
to the bed spring. They are tied on with silver tinsel.
 
 
 
While the pinwheel cone was made to stand up inside a bed spring,
 you see here, it can also be hung from a hook.
Either way, I think it's fun and full of whimsy!
 
 
 
The pinwheel cone displayed inside
the bed spring.
 
 
 
 I found this adorable little boy image on thegraphicsfairy.com.
He is printed on cardstock and outlined with silver glitter.
The heart was cut from glitter vinyl and silver
tinsel has been hand sewn around the perimeter of the heart.
 
 
 
Pinterest.com has a plethora of websites that offer
free mini pinwheel templates for you to use.  
I chose two different styles and used a mix of glittery cardstock.
I just happened to already have(if you can believe it)
the brads used to secure the pinwheel petals.
I don't think I could have wished for anything more appropriate!
 
 
 
The best thing about creating something yourself,
is that it doesn't just have to be for a special occassion.
With your imagination, it can be made for every day!
 
 
 
Happy Valentine's day!
 
Thanks for stopping by and taking a look!
 
Come back soon-
 
Pam
 
 

No comments :

Post a Comment