VINTAGE EPHEMERA- CHILDRENS CLOTH BOOK

I feel lucky to have unearthed this sweet little treasure 
while sifting through a box of old Popular Science
and Popular Mechanics magazines 
my husband brought home one day. 
 
I believe it's now my responsibility to share the book with all of you.
Feel free to save the pages to your computer.
 
Perhaps you'll find a creative way to re-invent and re-imagine
the precious pictures from this children's book and pass them on.
I certainly intend to-

 
 
This cloth book was published by the Whitman Publishing Co.
of Racine, Wisconsin and copyrighted in 1955.
 

 
 The Tiny Tots cloth children's book is made up of
8 adorable images that are printed back to back on what feels
like a flexible canvas material. They have the look
of water color paintings.
 
 
 
 The book is zigzag stitched along the
binding of the book, securing the pages together.
 You can see the stitching here on this particular page.
 

 
The colors of the images inside this book
are truly amazing when you consider the fact
that this children's book is approximately 60 years old!
 

 
You have to marvel at how a children's book that is so old
and made of cloth has survived for so many years.
 
 
 
The book shows natural wear and tear.
It has obviously been read and loved by a child.
 
 
I will be sure to share with you how I choose to reuse the
pictures from this darling book.
 
 Please send me your re-imaginations. I would love to see what 
you create!
 
Thanks for stopping by and taking a look.
 
Come back soon- PAM
 
 




 
 
 
 






 

No comments :

Post a Comment