ST. PATRICK'S DAY MARQUEE- "Kiss me I'm Irish"

 
 
I wanted to make something a little bit different
 this year for St. Patrick's day to display in our home.
 
 
 
I would say that this project qualifies.
 
  
 
I have wanted to make a marquee sign for what seems
like forever. And being who I am, and never having made
 a marquee sign before, thought I would jump right in and give it a try.
 
 
 
"Kiss me I'm Irish", popped in to my head.
 So, naturally, a pair of lips seemed like
a good idea to make. 
  
 
 
There are a lot of great tutorials on Pinterest that will guide you
 step-by-step.  Though I had a pretty good idea how to create
 my marquee sign, I did find the website mylove2create.com 
to be incredibly helpful!
  I chose to use an inexpensive sheet of foam core. 
 I drew a pair of lips and cut them out with a box cutter.
 
 
 
I wanted the marquee sign(or lips if you will) to be green
and glittery in honor of St. Patrick's day.
I was able to purchase a set of 24 led battery operated lights
from my local Michaels craft store.
 
 
.
The sides of the marquee sign was constructed from
glitter card stock that was cut in to 3" strips and hot glued around
the entire perimeter.
 
 
 
I have to admit it- I think it came out fabulous!
And it looks amazing on my mantle.
 
 
 
I truly believe that left to my imagination, I can make anything
and so can you!
 
Thanks for stopping by to take a look!
 
Come back soon-
 
Pam
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments :

Post a Comment