CUBBY DRAWERS- THURSDAY'S THRIFT STORE FIND MAKEOVER


I am obsessed with cubby drawer storage cabinets. I have to have them!
 They are my one weakness when I am out and about thrift shopping!
Seriously, would you pass these up?

  Truth be told, I almost...OK, I NEVER find cubby cabinets looking
like these when I am thrift shopping.




 This is the state I normally find my cubby treasures.
Not so pretty...actually...pretty shabby.


But...that's all right with me!
 What a difference a little imagination and creativity can do to
transform these thrift store finds in to one-of-a-kind masterpieces!

My inspiration for this cabinet makeover was a plethora of small
drawer pulls that I had accumulated and a desire to try decoupaging with scrapbook paper rather than paint each drawer individually.


The inspiration for this cabinet is pretty obvious. If you are like me,
Judy Blume was the go-to author for girls coming of age in the late 70's.


 I had quite an emotional response to this project. 
I loved these books as a young girl. I had many of these very same books.  
I went through boxes that had been packed for many years 
and found my Judy Blume books.



You can see that these books were loved. 
 I considered the characters in Judy Blumes books my best friends.



This particular cubby drawer makeover is my favorite.

I added wheels to give the piece a more industrial feel and large
stainless steel cup hooks for the drawer pulls.
The cup hooks as drawer pulls give an almost unobstructed view
of the book covers while still allowing access to each drawer.







Both cubby drawer cabinets turned out better than I could have hoped.






The best part of making over thrift shop finds is that it doesn't
have to cost a lot of money. Both projects were literally done
with things I already had in my "stash" of craft room goodies.


Don't just decorate-
De-create your life and home!


 Thanks for stopping by to take a look at what I create
when I am left to my imagination!

Come back soon!

Pam
  


No comments :

Post a Comment